Friday, May 4, 2012

If they ask me why...


I have never kept a journal for very long - a yearlong gardening journal, a journal detailing my reading choices. Upon my death they will not find a treasure trove of my insightful speculations and global musings cleverly crafted, bound and preserved awaiting an eager reader or publication. Instead, I seem to spend my days talking to the back of my husband's head, wondering if I have wasted my pithy remarks, clever quips and near brilliant insights.

So now, with high hopes, I'm turning to the blog - my online diary for all to read, ponder, comment or even judge. I have added what I feel is certainly a wonderful twist. - my daughter will blog with me! Perhaps not an original idea, but so fascinating to share and compare our generational views of the world – or perhaps just a peek into our little worlds of hearth and home.

As mother and daughter, we share certain commonalities of personality, family, education, motherhood, and yet it’s clear that we approach so many issues from opposing viewpoints! We don't always agree but continue to make interesting arguments to each other - well, interesting to us!

Will we have readers, responders, ignorers? Are we just filing our thoughts and memories? If nothing else, I will now have that treasure trove for my progeny to ponder!

No comments:

Post a Comment